So, the defense rested today in the Casey Anthony trial ... thank goodness! I was really getting tired of hearing Jose Baez's BS! He is a joke & has done a terrible job. He hasn't really built a case; he has been all over the place, and I hate the way he keeps badgering George Anthony! I feel so bad for him & loved it when he stood up to Baez yesterday. Did you notice Casey's smirk has her dad got down from the stand & had to be helped by attorneys because he was so distraught? All the while, she just sits there like stone - no emotion unless they are talking about her! I am very disappointed that she did not testify though ...
On the other hand, I think the State has done a very good job. I mean, it says a lot that they have 330something pieces of evidence & the defense has less than 80; don't you think? They had stronger witnesses & a stronger case, and they were able to rebut a lot of what the defense witnesses said & show how it related back to Casey. As my friend Joelle said was her favorite part today ...
"Linda Drane Burdick on cross direct to Cindy after all the stupid animal burial crap - 'Cindy did your family ever euthanize your dogs with chloroform?'
Defense- objection! ...
Linda- As she looks up trying to hide the sarcasm as if she doesn't get the objection.
Nice move Linda nice move!"
The prosecution will deliver their rebuttal tomorrow, and they are expected to rest tomorrow, as the rebuttal should be streamlined & short. Then, it is closing arguments & jury deliberation. I hope they finish the trial tomorrow & the jury deliberates over the weekend. I am ready to hear the verdict already. I do not think she will get the death penalty; however, I do not think there is any way she will get off.
This case absolutely breaks my heart, but for some reason it has me so intrigued. I guess I am just passionate about the fact that there is no way she should be allowed to get away with this although she seems to think that she will ... that the whole world believes all of her awful lies ... ugh!
Here is a picture of my sweet little guy listening to the case with me yesterday as he works on his neck muscles & stability in his Bumbo ...
June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment