July 14, 2010

Oh the days of summer ....

Oh my, I guess I have a lot to catch y'all up on ... it has been a while ... we Robertson's have been busy this summer!



FRIOPALOOZA 2010!!!  Last month we went to the Frio river in Concan (near Garner State Park) with 18 of our nearest and dearest friends.  This is the third year that a group of our friends has headed to the Frio for some river action.  Peter & I and my sister & some of her friends went two summers ago and had a blast.  We weren't able to join in the fun last year, but oh did we make up for it this year!  We headed out Thursday morning with Derek, Lindsey & Kim and got in late afternoon.  Lindsey found an awesome house right on the river that had just been built, and we were the first people to stay in it.  The house was gorgeous.
This is the view from our house.  It is right by the stairs that we took down to get in the river!
Thursday night we just hung out at the house ... some of us staying up way too late ... like 5 am late ... ouch!  Friday we floated the river all day and hung out at the house at night.  Saturday some of the guys played golf, and the rest of the guys and all the girls hung out down in the river by the house.  We had another group of about 10 or 15 friends that were staying in another town close to Garner who ended up floating right by our house that day!  Saturday night we went to a Stoney LaRue concert at the House Pasture ... which was a BLAST!  Sunday was rough ... we had brunch at Neal's followed by a five hour drive home.  I don't think any of us were back to normal until Wednesday or Thursday after such a fun and exhausting four-day weekend!

I somehow managed to lose my water camera from the river (I think it may be in Nate's truck), so until I find it, you are out of luck on pics from this weekend ... sorry!

5 MAN JAM ... Our friend Mark Jones played in the 5 Man Jam at Big Texas ... and stole the show!  He is great!  He will be playing at Big Texas again on July 22nd with Scooter Brown, at County Line BBQ on Lake Conroe with Josh Ward on July 23rd if you guys want to check him out and again at Big Texas on August 5th with Josh Norman.

KEVIN & JESSICA'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ... What a good time!  We celebrated Kevin's 30th and Jessica's 25th birthdays by surprising them with a limo to take ten of us to midtown to party it up for the night ... they had no idea!!!  I don't know how all the guys managed to keep it from Kevin ... it was a sheer miracle that he didn't end up on the wrong email thread which would have ruined it ... haha!

DEREK'S SURPRISE 30th ... The weekend of July 4th we celebrated Derek's 30th birthday.  Lindsey threw him an awesome surprise party, and they are headed to Fort Worth for the weekend, so he can drive a race car ... I can't wait to hear how it is!  We hope you guys have so much fun!  Love you Linds and Derek!

4th OF JULY ... We spent the 4th at home with some of our friends.  We just grilled and popped fireworks ... awesome fireworks ... the guys went  a little crazy at the firework stand!  We probably had about $400-$500 of HUGE fireworks.  Oh, and Kim & I bought a slip-and-slide ... random, I know, but I don't know how I didn't mangage to get any pictures of Kim running and jumping onto it ... it was absolutely hilarious!

SAN ANTONIO ... Last week Peter & I took vacation.  The first few days we just spend time relaxing and doing stuff around the house.  It was really nice.  Wednesday we dropped Cooper off at the kennel (which I was very nervous about, but they said he did great, and he must have had fun because he was pooped for about three days after we picked him up!) and headed for San Antonio. 
We drove straight to Fiesta Texas and acted like little kids for a good six hours.  Pete had me waiting in line for the front of every rollercoaster becuase "it just isn't the same when you sit anywhere but the front!"  I swear we rode the Superman four times in a row, which, by the way, is an awesome rollercoaster!

Wednesday night was pretty relaxing ... we just went to dinner and back to the hotel ... we were exhausted from driving and spending all day at the park.  Thursday was packed!  We went to the wax museum, to Ripley's Believe It Or Not, to The Alamo ... we had lunch on the Riverwalk and went to see Eclipse (my second time and Pete's first!) at the IMAX because it was raining.  That night we had dinner on the Riverwalk and had a few drinks.  It was just a fun day.

Tallest man to ever live!

INTRODUCING MR. & MRS. KENDALL KRAUS ... Last weekend we went to Kenny & Kelly's wedding ... it was gorgeous!  Congrats y'all!  We are so excited for y'all!

HALEY & DANIELLE' CONNER'S BIRTHDAYS ... Sunday we celebrated Haley's (my flower girl) 3rd birthday and her mom Danielle's (one of my best friends) 27th birthday!  Haley is growing up so fast & she is just so stinkin' cute!  We love y'all!


Tonight we are celebrating Mom & Cortney's birthdays, and this weekend we are celebrating one of our newest friend's, Lisa B's, birthday!  We can't wait to see everyone.

Wow, that was exhausting ... haha ... I'll try to update sooner this time.  Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment