June 6, 2010

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Ryan Emmitte ....

I know, I know, I'm a little late in updating the blog, but things have been super busy at The Robertson household!

Two weeks ago, Peter & I headed to Dallas for all of the Duffy-Emmitte wedding festivities.  We headed to Grapevine on Thursday after work, so Peter could play golf early Friday morning with Ryan & the guys ... he had such a great time!  Ali & Ryan's family & friends are just wonderful!  We got stuck in a hail storm on the way there & didn't get there until 10 p.m., but that still gave us a chance to visit with the happy couple before things got busy.  Friday while Pete golfed, I was able to get a little relaxing in (much overdue); then, we were off to Dallas to get checked-in our hotel & head to the rehearsal. 
After that we headed back to Flower Mound for the rehearsal dinner at Ryan's mom's house.  Their house is absolutely stunning, and the dinner/party was fantastic!
Saturday while all of us girls were getting ready, Peter & my parents met his parents at the Fort Worth Stockyards for a lunch and a little shopping.  All the girls got our hair and make-up done at the hotel before heading to Marie Gabrielle Gardens for the wedding.
Some of my friends from Baylor ... On the left, Rachel (Rachel was a Theta with Ali & I along with Randi (right)); Manny (Manny was my rommate for a semester during my 5th year); on the right, Cody & Randi (Randi was my roommate my sophomore year which is when she & Cody started dating; they have now been married for several years now).
My sweet momma & daddy dancin'
After the wedding, we went out with the wedding party in downtown Dallas.  Here we are with a couple of our new, favorite people ... Lisa & Nicky B ... Ryan's step-sister & brother-in-law ... LOVE THEM!

Congratulations Alison & Ryan!  We are so happy for the two of you!  Alison - I am so lucky to have you as a best friend; you were absolutely gorgeous, and I am so happy that you have found someone so wonderful!  Ryan - You are now one of my best friends as well; love ya!

As for what else we have been doing ... last weekend was Memorial Day weekend, and my parents' annual block party.  Friday night was wild game & all day Saturday was crawfish ... so much fun!  Sunday Pete & I headed down to Galveston for the day.  We went to Schlitterbahn, shopping on The Strand, and had dinner on The Seawall.  I haven't been to Galveston in years, but we had such a great time!

Stay tuned for our River Trip 2010 udpate!

P.S.  Here is a link to Ali & Ryan's photog's blog for a few more pics from their wedding day!  http://danieldavisphoto.com/blog/  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment